Paxym Services for Kernel and OS Porting
Paxym has years of extensive experience in providing a wide variety of OS ports and improvements for different Hardware Platforms. Paxym specializes in OS ports, BSPs, Board bring-ups, Device Drivers and special Kernel modules. These were developed for Cavium Network's OCTEON MIPS64 Multi-core CPUs, Intel/AMD x86 family, PowerPC family and ARM 9/11/Cortex CPUs.
Paxym's expertise has allowed its Customers to deploy Kernel Releases and Kernel Ports that were previously unavailable on their choice of CPU/Hardware.
Paxym has successfully delivered various OS solutions for its Services Customers, including:
- BSP, Board OS bring-up work for Linux Debian on x86, ARM and PowerPC boards.
- Linux Kernel upgrades to newer releases for x86 and OCTEON and OCTEON-II Multicore CPUs.
- MontaVista (Real-Time) Linux Kernel downgrades/upgrades as required by Customers.
- CentOS and Debian ports to OCTEON Multicore MIPS64 CPUs with SMP support.
- Little-Endian Linux Port for OCTEON.
- SMP FreeBSD port for OCTEON.
- Zero-Overhead-Linux work for Multicore MIPS64 CPUs.
- Multicore MIPS64 CPUs gdb debugging components.
- Bootloader and Kernel patches to solve interesting Customer HW problems.
* Each OS Port was coupled with extensive Kernel, SMP and Application level tests. Standardized white-box and black box API tests are utilized to verify the Kernel.
Some of the key OS ports completed and delivered included:
- OpenWRT, ddWRT, Tomatoe etc.,
- VyOS, Vyatta, Free Range Routing,
- SMP MIPS64 FreeBSD ,
- Linux - CentOS and Debian for MIPS64,
Paxym also provides further tailoring and customization based on Customer needs.