FreeBSD port to OCTEON Network Processor
Paxym Inc. completed and delivered the first SMP FreeBSD port on OCTEON, XLP Multicore MIPS64 CPUs
for its Customer. Paxym's FreeBSD ports were successfully used by Tier-1 and smaller customers alike. Paxym continues to support and strengthen the FreeBSD for Multicore MIPS64 CPUs.
FreeBSD is an advanced operating system well-suited for Servers and Embedded Appliances. Paxym's customers are using OCTEON FreeBSD for Storage Servers, UTM devices and other Network Equipment.
- Supports MIPS ABI o32, n32, and n64.
- SMP capable up to 16 cores.
- Supports Static as well as Dynamic linking.
- Version 6.1, 7.0 baselines and 8.0-CURRENT.
- Rigorous testing and verification using OpenPosix, UnixBench, OHCP, and others.
- Ports of Apache, SAMBA, MySQL, FreeNAS, and many more.
- Supports Root File System on Compact Flash, NFS, and Kernel-Embedded FS.
- Supports Simple Executive applications on secondary cores.
- Fully supports all OCTEON SDK Simple Executive applications.
FreeBSD version 6.1, 7.0 and 8.0 Ports are available with full support services. Build environments hosted on FreeBSD x86 and Linux x86 host. Toolchains from FreeBSD and from GCC toolchain from Semiconductor vendor are utilized for these builds.
Supports custom RFS—either full Userland or selected packages—reducing build times and target image size.
Please contact at sales @ paxym.com for further information.
Custom Kernel/Application Software development services are also available.
Maintenance and Support contracts are available.
Original FreeBSD comes with BSD License - BSD License.