SW Services for: OpenWRT, dd-WRT, Tomato, Debian based Network Devices
Paxym has been involved with dd-WRT and OpenWRT on small low end routers, Firewalls and Wifi APs for quite a few years now. We provide development services for customer's initial project of new platform development as well as for further customizing and enhancing the OpenWRT / dd-WRT SW bundle.
While these are Linux based distributions, we also provide Porting and development services for FreeBSD based embedded systems including zRouter (FreeBSD) bundles.
Our work has specially focused on OpenWRT and dd-WRT ports and modifications on platforms with CPUs from:
- Broadcom (BCMxxxx),
- Qualcom (Atheros) ARxxxx,
- ARM family,
- Intel XScale, Cavium OCTEON, FreeScale ColdFire, etc.
Some of our recent OpenWRT / LEDE Project engagements are mentioned here.
Some of our recent Embedded Systems Project updates are mentioned here.
Some of our recent Multicore CPU assignments are listed here.
Router platforms that we developed upon included:
Paxym's team has ported, customized, enhanced and debugged OpenWRT for a number of platforms based on customer's needs. We've also developed-new, compiled, ported and resolved kernel/libraries compatibility problems for device drivers, open-source packages and emerging open-source project code-bases.
Paxym's customers in this space have included VoIP service providers, VPN service providers, Premises based Wifi Service providers (HotSpot, Wide-Geo Mesh Networks and Bandwidth Aggregation featured ISPs. We were successful in delivering the right verified and tested software solution with hands-on support during deployment and maturing phases. Other services included:
- OpenWRT Package creation,
- OpenWRT Kernel Customization (Kernel mods, Kernel Config, Kernel patch, back-porting,
- OpenWRT User-space Features (Config Selection, Build Automation, Package conflicts, Source changes, Package creation)
- LuCI Web Interface customizations with LUA scripting and Web URI Request Router,
- Wifi Captive Portals (Revenue based and Free),
- Implementing new Network Protocols,
- OpenWRT firewall configurations,
- Secure VPN credential management and Custom Web GUI,
- Wifi Chipset drivers for Marvell, Qualcomm Atheros & Broadcom,
- Traffic-shaping / QoS.
- Access script generator for VPN clients,
- Client Web-GUI to allow load-balanced VPN server selection,
- Mesh topology learning / joining / auto-config. olsrd, open-mesh, B.A.T.M.A.N (batman-adv) optons for 802.11s. Deployed with our without secure VPN.,
- MPTCP (MultiPath TCP port),
- Test and Validate on Multiple Device Platforms, along with Test automation,
Paxym has long experience with Board bringup, Device Drivers, Boot-Loaders (U-Boot, YAMON, RedBoot etc.), Kernel changes etc. as needed by the Customer Project Design. Specially for driver mods to support new WLAN (Wifi 802.11 a/b/g/n) controllers, LAN Switch chips with VLAN support etc. Paxym's highly skilled developers team also offers dd-WRT and OpenWRT ports to new CPUs and microcontrollers.